This is the project that kicked it all off.
G-BTSC Evans VP-2 The Spirit of Truro
• Built under the guidance of Design and Technology teacher Dennis Keam at Truro School,
Cornwall from the summer of 1978 to 1979.
• The Truro School Flying Club was formed to oversee and fund raise for the project.
• Displayed at the 1980 Farnborough Air Show and and many air shows in the South-West.
• Tested on 17th June 1980, at Deer Park, Tregavethan by Phil Irish, then to St Just
and Lands End, with its CoA issued on 16th June 1981.
• Flew between Truro and its twin, Morlaix in France on 20th July & back on 23rd July 1982.
• Here is the full story of an excellent and pioneering project.;